DIGNITY. SECURITY. RESPECT. FAIRNESS.
WE WANT THE REAL THING!
BENEFITS AND EQUAL PAY FOR READY RESERVES
We want what part-time, union ramp and cargo have at United and American:
- Paid vacations, health insurance, pension.
- Same pay scale as full time.
- No limit on hours worked and lower mandatory hours worked than the current
600 hour Ready Reserve minimum.
- More full-time positions for those that want them.
- Accountability so we can make sure full-time
ramp positions actually happen.
- Flexible holidays, paid lunches,
and fair OT rules.
WOULDN’T IT BE NICE TO HAVE A UNION BID COMMITTEE?
- Where input from the people actually doing the work would be included.
- Where your hard earned seniority is respected.
- Where management and the employees are contractually obligated to work together on solutions.
SIGN A CARD TO HAVE A VOICE
FOOL ME ONCE…
SINCE THE LAST UNION VOTE IN 2010:
- They cut our profit sharing in half when we were the most profitable in our history.
- Ready Reserves have gone from a two day a week obligation to a 4 and 5 day obligation.
- The percentage of Ready Reserve jobs has skyrocketed making it harder to get FT.
- Shared rewards have been reduced.
- It’s harder to get days off approved.
- Medical costs have skyrocketed.
- Ready Reserve minimum hours have gone from 300 a year 600 per year.
- Time clocks are now in use.
- 4-person crews are now 3-person and even 2-person crews.
- Less weekend lines for senior employees.
- Outsourcing which has resulted in job losses.
SO, YOU MAY BE GETTING A PAY RAISE.
DELTA KNOWS THE UNION CAMPAIGN IS GAINING STEAM. EXPECT THE FOLLOWING:
- Promise of a future pay raise.
- Promise of more “enhancements” to Ready Reserve Program. Possible Ready Reserve vacation accrual, more flexibility in schedules, and the appearance of substantially more upgrades to full time.
- Promise of, “We are listening. That’s why we are changing things. This is because we have a direct relationship and an employee survey.”
UNION CARRIERS GET:
- Guaranteed pay raises you can count on.
- Part timers (Ready Reserve equivalent) get pension, vacation, sick pay, pay raises exactly the same as full time. And reduced limit on minimum hours with no cap on maximum hours.
- Dignity, Security, Respect, and Fairness for ALL workers when it comes to job advances, bidding your job/position, and works rules.
GET IT ALL IN WRITING, WITH A UNION AND A CONTRACT.
RUMOR HAS IT, “THE IAM JUST WANTS YOUR DUES.”—BUT HERE’S WHAT YOU GET WITH A UNION AND UNION DUES:
- Lower health insurance premiums and deductibles.
- Extra pay when you don’t get a scheduled lunch or no lunch at all.
- Fairness in Over Time distribution.
- A secure and livable retirement with the IAM pension.
- No cap on yearly hours for Ready Reserve with lower minimum hours.
- Ready Reserve benefits and pay progression equal to full time.
RUMOR HAS IT, “YOU DON’T NEED A UNION.”— BECAUSE YOU HAVE A “DIRECT RELATIONSHIP” WITH THE COMPANY. BUT, THE FACT IS THAT WITH A “DIRECT RELATIONSHIP” YOU GET:
- No input on the job bid or staffing.
- A constantly changing attendance policy.
- Favoritism when it comes to giving out Over Time.
- Arbitrary discipline with no real recourse to change a management decision.
- Restrictive maximum and minimum hours for Ready Reserve with little chance to get a full-time position.
IAM ONLINE INTERFERENCE REPORT
DELTA AIR LINES RAMP, CARGO, AND TOWER
Your right to form a union, to organize your workplace, is protected by Federal Law. The Railway Labor Act is the law governing labor relations in the airline and railroad industries.
If you feel that your rights are violated at any time during the IAM organizing campaign, contact your IAM representative immediately.
If you feel your rights have been violated, FILL OUT A INTERFERENCE FORM here which will be forwarded to the IAM.
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING A UNION: FREE COLLEGE
Joining a union offers many benefits, but the IAM offers Free College. With the IAMAW Free College Benefit, you and your family members can earn an associate degree online from a public, accredited community college – with no out-of-pocket costs to you. This can save you thousands of dollars. The Free College Benefit covers any amount for tuition, fees, or books that is not covered by federal or employer education grants.
You can go back to school while you continue to work. If you’re unsure or get stuck, you’ll have online access to tutoring services, your enrollment advisor and your highly-qualified instructors. Online classes let you work on your own time and at your own pace during the semester. And, you graduate from a respected, accredited academic institution.
Enjoy all the benefits that the union and a union contract can bring.
IT PAYS TO HAVE A UNION CONTRACT
THE FOLLOWING ARE EXAMPLES OF MANDATORY SUBJECTS OF BARGAINING:
- OVERTIME PREMIUMS
- BARGAINING UNIT WORK
- PAY FOR TIME SPENT ON UNION BUSINESS
- BEREAVEMENT LEAVE
- PAY FOR TRAINING
- PENSION FOR CURRENT EMPLOYEES
- CLOTHING AND TOOL ALLOWANCES
- PREMIUM PAY FOR SUNDAYS & HOLIDAYS
- COST-OF-LIVING ADJUSTMENTS (COLA)
- NEGOTIATED FORMULA FOR PROFIT SHARING
- DENTAL AND VISION PLANS
- DISCHARGE AND DISCIPLINE
- DISCOUNTS ON COMPANY PRODUCTS
- REST AND LUNCH PERIODS
- DUES CHECK-OFF CLAUSES
- EQUITY PAY ADJUSTMENTS
- SHOP OR PLANT RULES
- GRIEVANCE PROCEDURES
- SICKNESS AND ACCIDENT PLANS
- HOLIDAY PAY
- TESTING OF EMPLOYEES
- HOURS OF WORK
- INCENTIVE PAY
- TUITION REIMBURSEMENT
- JURY DUTY PAY
- UNION SHOP OR OTHER UNION SECURITY
- LAYOFFS AND RECALLS CLAUSES
- LEGAL SERVICES PLANS
- VACATION PAY
- LIFE INSURANCE
- MANAGEMENT’S RIGHTS CLAUSES
- MEDICAL INSURANCE
- WORK SCHEDULES
- STATION PROTECTION FROM OUTSOURCING
- PAY FOR OFF SCHEDULE OR NO LUNCH
THE IAM’S RESPONSE TO THE NEW DELTA SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
Andrea L. Bowman, Assistant General Counsel
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
P.O. Box 20574
Atlanta, GA 30320-2574
Dear Ms. Bowman:
I am writing in regard to the recently issued Delta Social Media Policy in hopes of heading off any legal issues before they take place. The newly issued Delta Social Media Policy is quite extensive and broadly written and therefore we have concerns that it could be misinterpreted to restrict lawful activities.
For example, the policy in many places refers to “inappropriate” posts or posts that “has the ability to harm Delta.” While one might not take issue with the spirit of these policies, we want to be sure that Delta is not interpreting them to mean that Delta employees cannot speak together through social media about their terms and conditions of work or their need to join a union. We are glad to see that Delta acknowledges that the “policy is subject to applicable federal, state, and local laws.” Therefore, it cannot be interpreted in a manner to interfere with the Delta employees’ rights to assist in organizing with the IAM.
READ AND DOWNLOAD THE FULL LETTER: HERE
WANT A SECURE RETIREMENT?
HERE’S WHAT YOU COULD HAVE WITH A UNION, A CONTRACT AND THE IAM PENSION
If you ever wondered what an airline pension looks like, here’s what the IAM has negotiated for the Fleet (Ramp) workers at United Airlines:
Under the current (2016-2021) contract between the IAM and United, for each ramp worker the company makes an hourly contribution into the pension of $1.75. The numbers in the chart reflect the monthly pension benefit for the associated years of service in the plan, assuming a conservative annual hourly contribution increase of $.05. There is no penalty after 30 years of service regardless of age, no penalty after 20 years at age 62, no penalty after 5 years of service at age 65. Currently it takes 5 years to be vested.
TO VIEW AN ESTIMATE OF A PERSONALIZED PENSION, CLICK HERE
(Use $1.75/hr. as a contribution amount)
A FORMULA FOR SUCCESS—BUT FOR WHO?
From 2016 through September 2017 Delta reduced the profit sharing formula for all employees except unionized pilots. That cut most Delta Air Lines employees profit sharing checks in half over the last 2 years. Delta has announced beginning October 1, 2017 that there will now be one profit sharing formula for all employees and has switched back to the higher profit sharing formula.
Shouldn’t the restoration of the higher formula be applied to all of the last two years instead of just the last quarter of 2017? Thousands of dollars that each employee earned to make the company super profitable is still in Delta’s pocketbook.
IF YOU AGREE THAT IT SHOULD BE PAID BACK, PLEASE SIGN THIS ONLINE PETITION: CLICK HERE
WE NEED A UNION. While compensation and other aspects of our jobs constantly change from unilaterally imposed decisions by Delta, the ramp workers at United, American, and Southwest Airlines with a Union Contract have a say.
TO SIGN YOUR UNION CARD TODAY CLICK HERE
WILL DELTA’S RECENT “ENHANCEMENT” OFFER TO READY RESERVES REALLY MEASURE UP
Delta’s recent “enhancement” offer to Ready Reserve employees to attain full-time within 5 years doesn’t measure up.
Especially for a company with multibillion dollar profits year after year.
- Here’s what Ready Reserves could have with a union contract:
- Real flexibility of schedule with no limit on hours worked per year and only 40 work hours required per month.
- Health Insurance equal to full-time.
- Paid vacations equal to full-time.
- 401k match equal to full-time.
- Paid Holidays equal to full-time.
- Yearly pay increases equal to full-time.
- Guarantee of more full-time positions through legally binding contract language.
- Pension equal to full-time employees.
Delta expects Ready Reserves to wait 5 years for benefits while newly hired, unionized ramp
workers at American Airlines and United Airlines receive benefits and pay progression from
day one. To see the entire comparison click HERE.
Forming a union is the only option to make what Ready Reserve employees deserve a reality
NOW THAT WOULD BE A REAL “ENHANCEMENT”
A UNION CONTRACT PROVIDES YOU FLEXIBILITY PLUS PAY PROGRESSION
You can see how the profits don’t trickle down at Delta Air Lines. Unionized American Airlines and United Airlines workers have more flexibility, with full benefits and pay scale from day one.
Sign a Union Authorization Card today! And, then get a friend to sign one.The sooner we do that, the sooner we can vote for the ability to negotiate a contract that leads the industry, yet tailored to OUR needs.
REQUEST YOUR UNION AUTHORIZATION CARD TODAY
Over the last several months, Delta Air Lines employees have been working to secure the right to another vote for union representation. Thousands of election request cards have been signed to date, reflecting significant support within the ramp group. Please join us in our effort to bring dignity, security, respect, fairness to our workplace by signing a card today. Please click HERE and complete the form, and you will be mailed your individualized, election authorization card (A-card). All you have to do is sign, date and return the card. Don’t worry about postage, it’s already paid.
To file for our election with the National Mediation Board (NMB)–a federal agency–at least 50 percent of all Delta Ramp, Tower, and Cargo employees must sign an election authorization card.
TOGETHER WE CAN RIGHT THE WRONGS
Ready Reserves at Delta Airlines are just as hard working as their permanent counterparts. Every day they endure the same hazards, and physical and financial demands equal to every permanent benefited worker.
Yet Delta, which in 2016 had net profits $2 billion more than their next closest competitor American Airlines, continues to treat their Ready Reserves like second class citizens. Ironically, one of the big reasons Delta’s…..
DOWNLOAD HERE: COLOR | BW | READ MORE