DIGNITY. SECURITY. RESPECT. FAIRNESS.
WE ARE WINNING. GET INVOLVED.
Your fellow workers are making it happen all over the system. You can too! SIGN YOUR UNION CARD TODAY!
DOWNLOAD HERE: COLOR
FOR REAL SAFETY WE NEED A UNION
RISK FACTORS OF OUR JOB:
- Working around planes and heavy equipment.
- Use conveyor belts and drive vehicles.
- Work in extreme weather.
- Breathe hazardous exhaust.
- Lift luggage and cargo repetitively.
NOW ADD TO THIS:
Doing more work with fewer people while at the same time being required to meet ever-increasing performance and time-sensitive goals. This combination equals extreme risk to life and limb.
USE YOUR VOICE TODAY
SIGN A UNION CARD!
SEASONAL READY RESERVES, READY RESERVES, AND FULL-TIME EMPLOYEES:
EQUAL PAY SCALE AND FULL BENEFITS FOR ALL!
Every year the company can decide which seasonal workers come back and under what required hours and terms. Only with a union contract can you be guaranteed the right to return. We can achieve equality, justice, and unity for all employees.
With billions of dollars in earnings over the last 10 years, there are plenty of profits to go around. But, we need a voice to make this happen.
USE YOUR VOICE TODAY
SIGN A UNION CARD!
WHY NEGOTIATING IS GREAT
Delta refers to us as professional industrial athletes. Delta also states in a flier the negative aspects of negotiations.
- Do professional athletes negotiate their contracts? YES.
- Are professional athletes represented by a union? YES.
Major League Baseball, National Football League, National Basketball Association, and the National Hockey League are all unionized.
- And, ALL the major sports leagues negotiate contracts with their player unions.
Since we are professional industrial athletes isn’t it time to have a union negotiate a contract for us. No more guessing games. No more work rule changes at will. No more gray areas. This all comes by two parties negotiating a contract. NEGOTIATING IS GREAT!
PROMISES. PROMISES. PROMISES.
IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE.
That’s the time it took Delta Air Lines to create an anti-union app.
EIGHT YEARS AND STILL COUNTING.
The time Delta Air Lines has taken, and they have still failed to create an app with MPS functions.
STILL WAITING…DRAW YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS.
WANT A SECURE RETIREMENT?
HERE IS WHAT YOU COULD HAVE WITH A CONTRACT AND AN IAM PENSION PLAN (BASED ON UNITED AIRLINES RAMP):
- If you are in the plan for 20 years and hit age 62 – $1944.24 per month until you die, regardless of when you die.
- Get your full pension after 30 years in the plan, regardless of age. No reduction even if you retire before 65.
- Guaranteed monthly payment to your spouse when you die, regardless of age, in addition to a lump-sum death benefit.
- Get this and more with the secure IAM Pension Fund in the Green Zone (fully funded).
THE STEPS TO GETTING A UNION
THE THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW—AND DO
Contrary to what the company will tell you the union is NOT an outside third party, WE ARE THE UNION. Here are ways you can help:
- Sign a Union Card (every few months).
- Ask people you work with to sign a card.
- Engage your co-workers by sharing literature, website, or social media information about the benefits of unionization.
- You can do all of this openly according to advocacy policy guidelines.
- If you think management is infringing on your rights to advocate, fill out an interference form and tell them it will be filed and presented to the NMB.
IAM ONLINE INTERFERENCE REPORT
DELTA AIR LINES RAMP, CARGO, AND TOWER
Your right to form a union, to organize your workplace, is protected by Federal Law. The Railway Labor Act is the law governing labor relations in the airline and railroad industries.
If you feel that your rights are violated at any time during the IAM organizing campaign, contact your IAM representative immediately.
THE DELTA RAMP ORGANIZING DRIVE NEWSLETTER
DOWNLOAD ISSUE #3: HERE
SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE ORGANIZING DRIVE
UNDER DELTA’S ADVOCACY POLICY YOU CAN WEAR YOUR IAM PIN WITH PRIDE
THE DELTA AIR LINES ADVOCACY POLICY (LATEST EDITION JANUARY 26, 2018) SECTION 3.2 PINS, BUTTONS OR OTHER MESSAGE BEARING ITEMS, STATES:
- Other than Delta-sponsored programs or initiatives, no buttons, bag tags or any clothing that conveys a message or advocates a position or cause may be worn or displayed in work areas or on work time.
- The single exception is a small lapel pin equivalent to a piece of jewelry and no larger than the Delta service award pin.
When you wear your pin, you are telling everyone that you support a union, will fight for a single pay scale with full benefits, real seniority rights, a pension, job security, and a voice for all workers; Full-Time and Ready Reserve alike.
WE ARE WINNING! GET INVOLVED!
OUR VOICE. OUR CHOICE.
SO, IF DELTA’S CANADIAN RAMP WORKERS ARE DOING SO WELL WITH A UNION, WHY DOES DELTA TELL THEIR AMERICAN WORKERS THAT HAVING A UNION IS A RISK?
Our Unionized Delta co-workers in Canada receive (in no particular order):
- Flexible part-time employment with equal pay and benefits to full-time. (Instead of an unequal Ready Reserve Program)
- A pension with 100% contribution from the company.
- Scope Language which guarantees Cabin Cleaning and Wheelchair Assistance is done by well compensated, mainline workers, not contracted out, poorly paid workers.
- No hour restrictions for part-time employees and lower minimum hour requirements.
- No favoritism from management in awarding overtime or solely offering OT to Ready Reserve Agents, because of their guaranteed “cheap labor” wages.
- Paid Lunches.
- Clear work rules and “just cause” language to protect workers from unfair discipline or termination.
- No “forced overtime” to cover short staffing.
- They receive the same profit sharing we do.
OUR VOICE. OUR CHOICE.
“EVERY LITTLE BIT HELPS, BUT IMAGINE WHEN WE WIN THE UNION!”
The pressure created by everyone signing cards led directly to pay increases being officially announced. With a union, we will have a voice and finally see real justice in pay, benefits, and working conditions.
Our counterparts at American and United enjoy equal pay and benefits based on years worked, not hours worked. They also have access to health care, pensions, paid vacations, equal holiday pay, and real flexibility in schedule.
With a union, we will fight for a single pay scale with full benefits, real seniority rights, a pension, job security, and a voice for all workers; Full Time and Ready Reserve alike.
WE WON IMPROVEMENTS BY ORGANIZING TO GET A UNION.
IMAGINE WHAT WE CAN WIN WITH A UNION.
WE ARE WINNING! GET INVOLVED!
OUR VOICE. OUR CHOICE.
HERE IS WHAT WE ARE MISSING…
FOR THE SAME WORK, THIS IS WHAT THE TOP SCALE RAMP WORKER WOULD EARN UNDER THE SAME SCENARIO AT THE THREE MAJOR AIRLINES:
At the union carriers, if you’re lunch doesn’t fall between your 4th and your 6th hour over an 8 hour shift, you’re compensated a half hour straight pay. If you end up getting no lunch, you’re compensated a half hour at the overtime rate. A Short Hour occurs when your work duties require you to stay as little as one minute beyond your shift at United and American. For this, those workers are compensated a full hour of overtime pay for an 8 hours shift. How often has this happened to you?
In an effort to serve the customer, we understand that there are times when we won’t get a lunch during our normal time, nor will we be always able to leave exactly when our shift ends. But wouldn’t it be nice to be compensated when those instances occur? (Or require management to have proper staffing so that these scheduling issues don’t occur).
DOWNLOAD HERE: COLOR | BW | COMMENT HERE
WITH UNITY WE CAN HAVE A VOICE
Every Delta worker is being squeezed by:
- Elimination of career jobs.
- Job bids that meet nobody’s needs.
- Insufficient staffing.
- Lack of secure retirement with a pension.
- Schedules that work for no one.
- Ever increasing percentage of Ready Reserve which hurts both full time
and Ready Reserve.
- Ever changing work rules.
- And the list goes on…
Ready Reserve and Full-Time workers face a
WE CAN CHANGE THAT FUTURE FOR THE
BETTER WITH A UNION AND A VOICE!
WE WANT THE REAL THING!
BENEFITS AND EQUAL PAY FOR READY RESERVES
We want what part-time, union ramp and cargo have at United and American:
- Paid vacations, health insurance, pension.
- Same pay scale as full time.
- No limit on hours worked and lower mandatory hours worked than the current
600 hour Ready Reserve minimum.
- More full-time positions for those that want them.
- Accountability so we can make sure full-time
ramp positions actually happen.
- Flexible holidays, paid lunches,
and fair OT rules.
WOULDN’T IT BE NICE TO HAVE A UNION BID COMMITTEE?
- Where input from the people actually doing the work would be included.
- Where your hard earned seniority is respected.
- Where management and the employees are contractually obligated to work together on solutions.
SIGN A CARD TO HAVE A VOICE
FOOL ME ONCE…
SINCE THE LAST UNION VOTE IN 2010:
- They cut our profit sharing in half when we were the most profitable in our history.
- Ready Reserves have gone from a two day a week obligation to a 4 and 5 day obligation.
- The percentage of Ready Reserve jobs has skyrocketed making it harder to get FT.
- Shared rewards have been reduced.
- It’s harder to get days off approved.
- Medical costs have skyrocketed.
- Ready Reserve minimum hours have gone from 300 a year 600 per year.
- Time clocks are now in use.
- 4-person crews are now 3-person and even 2-person crews.
- Less weekend lines for senior employees.
- Outsourcing which has resulted in job losses.
SO, YOU MAY BE GETTING A PAY RAISE.
DELTA KNOWS THE UNION CAMPAIGN IS GAINING STEAM. EXPECT THE FOLLOWING:
- Promise of a future pay raise.
- Promise of more “enhancements” to Ready Reserve Program. Possible Ready Reserve vacation accrual, more flexibility in schedules, and the appearance of substantially more upgrades to full time.
- Promise of, “We are listening. That’s why we are changing things. This is because we have a direct relationship and an employee survey.”
UNION CARRIERS GET:
- Guaranteed pay raises you can count on.
- Part timers (Ready Reserve equivalent) get pension, vacation, sick pay, pay raises exactly the same as full time. And reduced limit on minimum hours with no cap on maximum hours.
- Dignity, Security, Respect, and Fairness for ALL workers when it comes to job advances, bidding your job/position, and works rules.
GET IT ALL IN WRITING, WITH A UNION AND A CONTRACT.
RUMOR HAS IT, “THE IAM JUST WANTS YOUR DUES.”—BUT HERE’S WHAT YOU GET WITH A UNION AND UNION DUES:
- Lower health insurance premiums and deductibles.
- Extra pay when you don’t get a scheduled lunch or no lunch at all.
- Fairness in Over Time distribution.
- A secure and livable retirement with the IAM pension.
- No cap on yearly hours for Ready Reserve with lower minimum hours.
- Ready Reserve benefits and pay progression equal to full time.
RUMOR HAS IT, “YOU DON’T NEED A UNION.”— BECAUSE YOU HAVE A “DIRECT RELATIONSHIP” WITH THE COMPANY. BUT, THE FACT IS THAT WITH A “DIRECT RELATIONSHIP” YOU GET:
- No input on the job bid or staffing.
- A constantly changing attendance policy.
- Favoritism when it comes to giving out Over Time.
- Arbitrary discipline with no real recourse to change a management decision.
- Restrictive maximum and minimum hours for Ready Reserve with little chance to get a full-time position.
THE BENEFITS OF JOINING A UNION: FREE COLLEGE
Joining a union offers many benefits, but the IAM offers Free College. With the IAMAW Free College Benefit, you and your family members can earn an associate degree online from a public, accredited community college – with no out-of-pocket costs to you. This can save you thousands of dollars. The Free College Benefit covers any amount for tuition, fees, or books that is not covered by federal or employer education grants.
You can go back to school while you continue to work. If you’re unsure or get stuck, you’ll have online access to tutoring services, your enrollment advisor and your highly-qualified instructors. Online classes let you work on your own time and at your own pace during the semester. And, you graduate from a respected, accredited academic institution.
Enjoy all the benefits that the union and a union contract can bring.
REQUEST YOUR UNION AUTHORIZATION CARD TODAY
Over the last several months, Delta Air Lines employees have been working to secure the right to another vote for union representation. Thousands of election request cards have been signed to date, reflecting significant support within the ramp group. Please join us in our effort to bring dignity, security, respect, fairness to our workplace by signing a card today. Please click HERE and complete the form, and you will be mailed your individualized, election authorization card (A-card). All you have to do is sign, date and return the card. Don’t worry about postage, it’s already paid.
To file for our election with the National Mediation Board (NMB)–a federal agency–at least 50 percent of all Delta Ramp, Tower, and Cargo employees must sign an election authorization card.
TOGETHER WE CAN RIGHT THE WRONGS
Ready Reserves at Delta Airlines are just as hard working as their permanent counterparts. Every day they endure the same hazards, and physical and financial demands equal to every permanent benefited worker.
Yet Delta, which in 2016 had net profits $2 billion more than their next closest competitor American Airlines, continues to treat their Ready Reserves like second class citizens. Ironically, one of the big reasons Delta’s…..
DOWNLOAD HERE: COLOR | BW | READ MORE