SO, IF DELTA’S CANADIAN RAMP WORKERS ARE DOING SO WELL WITH A UNION, WHY DOES DELTA TELL THEIR AMERICAN WORKERS THAT HAVING A UNION IS A RISK?
Our Unionized Delta co-workers in Canada receive (in no particular order):
- Flexible part-time employment with equal pay and benefits to full-time. (Instead of an unequal Ready Reserve Program)
- A pension with 100% contribution from the company.
- Scope Language which guarantees Cabin Cleaning and Wheelchair Assistance, is done by well compensated, mainline workers, not contracted out, poorly paid workers.
- No hour restrictions for part-time employees and lower minimum hour requirements.
- No favoritism from management in awarding overtime or solely offering OT to Ready Reserve Agents, because of their guaranteed “cheap labor” wages.
- Paid Lunches.
- Clear work rules and “just cause” language to protect workers from unfair discipline or termination.
- No “forced overtime” to cover short staffing.
- They receive the same profit sharing we do.
OUR VOICE. OUR CHOICE.